Hidden queen cell

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been looking round all the edges, difficult to spot despite the few bees.
Is it 7 o’clock bottom left?
With bee head first?

Been looking round all the edges, difficult to spot despite the few bees.
Is it 7 o’clock bottom left?
With bee head first?
If you look on the second photo, it is easier to spot. Left hand side, edge of wax. There is a thickening in the wax, it doesn’t look like your text book queen cell.

I gave you more redit than constantly attacking the OP, guess I was wrong, if you have a gripe, sort it off forum
I think you’ve got out of bed the wrong side pls show me how I’ve “constantly attacked” anyone. I made a comment on the pics I’ve not made any personal comments or any reflection on the OP are you trolling for an argument? Back to my question to you do you think that nuc looks right?

If you look on the second photo, it is easier to spot. Left hand side, edge of wax. There is a thickening in the wax, it doesn’t look like your text book queen cell.
Will have another wee look ( inbetween making crab apple jelly)

Think I see it now, on left side below the hole in the wax comb.

What foxed me was, that it was on old ‘black’ comb, as any QC I’ve come across, has been on yellow newish wax.
My bees really dislike ‘black’ comb and avoid laying in it, never mind make a QC on it.

But that was a good photo to share with us as although I did look, round the edges, I made the error of totally disregarded the ‘black’ comb ......I won’t do that again!

I keep my black comb for my bait hives if I don’t have any swarm lure handy.
They seem attracted to that near the entrance of the bait hive ( a Nuc box in my case) but they won’t lay on it.

That’s another job I need todo, but my crab apples aren’t quite ripe yet. What variety do you have?
Mine are Malus Downey. photos of the Apple, the tree, 6 jars of crab apple jelly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
I gave you more redit than constantly attacking the OP, guess I was wrong, if you have a gripe, sort it off forum
Isn't he the lucky one. Nine times out of 10 I don't get to see it or the first page. It looks like I am being block. Perhaps the moderators can sort it out!

Isn't he the lucky one. Nine times out of 10 I don't get to see it or the first page. It looks like I am being block. Perhaps the moderators can sort it out!
I can’t and neither can JBM. We are not techies. Can you please PM Angie.

I got a hint from E&M bees and I think I’ve spotted it on the old black comb bang on, the left hand side of the wood of the frame.
Don’t tell me that’s not correct either?
I give up then☹️

I got a hint from E&M bees and I think I’ve spotted it on the old black comb bang on, the left hand side of the wood of the frame.
Don’t tell me that’s not correct either?
I give up then☹️
PS is there something techie, wrong with the forum?
I have difficulty posting a reply after several attempts and on the top right of the page several upright bars flash across continually.

Also like yourself my post comes up more than once and difficult to edit.
What is going on?

Also like yourself my post comes up more than once and difficult to edit.
What is going on?
It’s easier to see if you don’t zoom in.
Have I found the queen cell, please put me out of my misery as it’s driving me daft!

Latest posts

Back