Hi from Milton Keynes

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its.only.money

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi Everybody

I've been mostly lurking here for a while (actually I did post a while back), and thought it was about time to politely say hi.

I've been interested in bee keeping for a while, but only toward the end of last year did anything about it. My initial investigations made me realise that it was the wrong time of year to start much (slightly disappointed). So after a winter of book reading, show attending, general research, and wading through many and varied opinions, I am now half way through the local associations beginners course and thoroughly enjoying it.

The education has also taught me that most of my initial wonderful ideas and plans of where I was going to keep my bees were all a combination of:
  • uneducated madness
  • completely unworkable
  • too near troublesome neighbours
  • slightly bizarre
Therefore I have been forced to think again on this subject. Now, I hope I have a much more appropriate place a few miles from home outside of town, next to a tree nursery, an importantly not too near any litigious anti sting people. A local beek has also offered to check it out for me too.

I have also just purchased my first hive (standard national) and look forward to getting some bees in the next few months. I give you early warning that you will likely see further posts, probably in the form of (slightly mad) questions in the coming months.

Hi - it sounds like you have already read and are taking advice - good start. Perhaps when you have acquired some hands on experience you will change your name to 'It was only money' ! Best of luck for your new hobby - and welcome to the forum.

:welcome:

Definitely doing a lot of reading and getting some hands on experience will stand you in good stead. From my experience the only way I truly started to learn was a bit like driving, once I was left to do it on my own.

Welcome to the mad hobby of keeping arse-dagger armed insects in boxes!

Latest posts

Back