Hi from London

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxpinx

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hello,
I'm new to all of this!
I've been doing tons of reading and am signed up for a beginners course later this month - very excited to start on this new adventure....

Welcome, lots of new beekeepers on here - all learning and becoming confused together. It's a great experience and the beekeeping is good as well ...

I would get out now, before its to late and it truely grabs you.

Hello,
I'm new to all of this!
I've been doing tons of reading and am signed up for a beginners course later this month - very excited to start on this new adventure....

Try and join your local beekeeper's association as mentorship is better than any book,
'
A few on here like you use a Beehaus or the wooden version called a Dartington that the beehaus is based on

Hello,
I'm new to all of this!

Have you got your bees yet ? My hive is a bit like a beehaus but in timber ... without any supers.

Thank you everyone!
I have joined my local beekeepers assoiciation and I'm hoping to find a mentor before getting any bees.
I was given the beehaus and have since seen so many different opinions about them...
I'll see how it goes before I make my mind up about it!

Thanks again for the welcome.

I would get out now, before its to late and it truely grabs you.

Hi and welcome

I agree with the above took me till my third year to get honey! But its the bees that are the fun and it is addictive reading the frames feeling the mood of the 'hive mind' and the smell which comes out of the hive is wonderful. The fealing you get when you get your first queen mated and laying is fantastic. But there are other times…

Best of luck

Latest posts

Back