Hi From ellesmere port

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conn4000

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
well I'm a newcomer here preparing to acquire the bits and bobs plus develop the knowledge for beekeeping, hello all. is there anyone on the site local to me who would be available for a chat sometime advise / mentor etc,
kind regards

Neil

Hi Neil

I only began this year so the best advice I can give is to join the local association and book into their training for next year. The Wirral branch of Cheshire Beekeepers run a theory series early on followed by practical sessions once the weather improves at Ness Gardens.

I'm in Chester so a bit off the usual area for the Wirral group but their training fitted in with my work commitments.

Finding a mentor isn't easy but ask around and you'll find someone willing to lend a hand.

Advice from experienced beekeepers varies from - don't get bees until you know what you're doing - to - get some bees and learn as you go along. My experience was somewhere between the two. Do some training, then get bees as you continue training. Having your own bees to handle and figure out is a steep learning curve but there is loads of good advice on here.

It's coming towards the end of the training season so not much chance of starting from scratch now, but look on the website and see if there are some meetings you can come along to.

You need to find what works for you. I have a neighbour who started last year so we're both newbies, and we do things quite differently. So there's no single right way.

Hello - my name is Alan and I live in Little Sutton. Wirral Beekeepers are having a taster session at Dale Farm Heswall on Friday 24 February free of charge. Then the beginners course starts Saturday 25 March. I hope this helps and if you have any questions or need any help get in touch.
Thanks

:welcome:

I'm further away but learned from practical sessions at local BBKA whilst working on my first hive.. (Makes training very applicable)

Hello - my name is Alan and I live in Little Sutton. Wirral Beekeepers are having a taster session at Dale Farm Heswall on Friday 24 February

I read that as TASER session the first time :icon_204-2:

:welcome: to the forum! Lots of great advice on here amongst the....well......less great!

Latest posts

Back