Hi Everyone

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noshybabs

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi Everyone.

My name is noshybabs and I am thinking of taking up bee keeping.

I'm probably going to be asking lots of stupid questions over the next few months, I hope thats ok :eek:)

Welcome and ask away, however daft you think they are. I'm just a bit concerned you may be breaking the advertising rules though?

Oops, sorry. I never even thought.

Cool. I'm hoping to taking a course in July at Temple Newsom so hopefully I shouldn't be too bad.

Plus I think it will be next year when i get started with a hive. I figured talking to you guys before jumping in would be the sensible and bee friendly way of doing things.

Hi and welcome.
I am a newbee and have probably jumped in at the deep end with 2 colonies delivered last week and finishing off my beginners course this Sat !
But plenty of reading, bee buddy and my bees are helping no end.
Just been sitting looking at them coming and going, its amazing. Sun is shining and its 22c here at the moment and the pollen is rolling in, some bright yellow, some almost orange and some practically white. !

Pete

Oops, sorry. I never even thought.

Cool. I'm hoping to taking a course in July at Temple Newsom so hopefully I shouldn't be too bad.

Plus I think it will be next year when i get started with a hive. I figured talking to you guys before jumping in would be the sensible and bee friendly way of doing things.
Ah! common sense tempering enthusiasm :D
I personally advise working one full season before obtaining bees ;).
Too many newbies rush in where angels fear to tread , rather than having a sensible approach like you .
I hope you enjoy your course , gain maximum from it , find a good mentor, thoroughly enjoy handling bees and finally becoming an accomplished 'Apiculturalist'.
Wecome to the forum .
Ask away , be prepared to be selective on receiving answers :D.

John Wilkinson

Back