Help wanted East Mids!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Doctor

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
We decided to re-queen our colony for this year for various reasons, most notably the aggressiveness of the bees! Yes we are also down to one colony.

We ordered a new buckfast queen from a well know UK breeder but did not know when it was going to arrive.

Did an inspection last week - brood but no eggs and two queen cells. Left them alone. Now we've had an email from the breeder to say the queen is being sent to us at the end of the week but we have nowhere to put her. We may be able to find one frame of older brood.

Can anybody spare another in the Melton / Grantham area so we can make up a nuke?

Why can't you contact the firm and say you wish to cancel your order? Any reasonable trader listening to what you said would understand. I very much doubt in law whether a contract has been completed and you have every right to cancel since it hasn't been sent.

Surely someone in your local association would be able to help. Helping one another is normal practice in my association

You no longer need the queen because you have queen cells is that right ?
If that is the case aren't you breeding a new Queen from one that was aggressive ?

Try the L&RBKA they have people in your area .They may be able to help.

Were these cells supercedure? Were they capped already? Open brood, or only capped?

Split your hive - three ways if necessary. You only appear to have an imaginary problem?

I agree, split into small units, one with the new queen, and others with queen cell each. If you have the kit of course!!!
E

Hi I,am In Bingham.I'll give you a frame of brood if you still need it.
Gary

Why can't you contact the firm and say you wish to cancel your order? Any reasonable trader listening to what you said would understand. I very much doubt in law whether a contract has been completed and you have every right to cancel since it hasn't been sent.

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2:::icon_204-2:

You need to know your law and when you do you'll know a contract has been made.

Latest posts

Back