HELP !!! Bonfires, Smoke and Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbour too burns stuff in his back yard, I can tell that it not just wood, the acrid smell of burning insulated wire and the occasional pop of aerosol cans is the evenings entertainment, I worry about my bees and how the smoke may taint the flavour of the honey not to mention the toxins that may affect my girls, he seem to do this under the cover of darkness which seem to indicate that he is aware that what he is doing is not above board, who can I report this matter to?

My neighbour too burns stuff in his back yard, I can tell that it not just wood, the acrid smell of burning insulated wire and the occasional pop of aerosol cans is the evenings entertainment, I worry about my bees and how the smoke may taint the flavour of the honey not to mention the toxins that may affect my girls, he seem to do this under the cover of darkness which seem to indicate that he is aware that what he is doing is not above board, who can I report this matter to?

I'd contact your local environmental health dept as a starting point. If it's a regular occurence then you should keep dates and times of when he's having these fires.

Latest posts

Back