Hello To All Here.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everbeezer

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi. Just registered and thought I would say hello to everyone. I have been looking to start beekeeping for many years but life just kept getting in the way. All has changed now so I am gearing up to make a start soon. I have been doing a lot of reading and watching as many videos as I can find. Now I have found this forum so I am searching and reading even more...lol

greetings everbeezer,
we have been keeping bees for all of ten months and I must say what a journey it has been,
I would suggest you read as many beekeeping books as you can get hold of, then read them again, where we live there are no other English speaking beekeepers so I have learnt as I go along, no major disasters to speak of but a few tense moments!! get stuck in and enjoy.

Hi, Everbeezer, I don't have bees yet either. Still a lot more learning to do first :D

2 year's i waited before i got mine .wish i had got them earlier ,nothing like hand's on to encourage you.all i will say is ,try to be calm ,work thing's out before you dive into the hive/bee's..keep your thinking head on...:welcome:

... I have been looking to start beekeeping for many years but life just kept getting in the way. All has changed now so I am gearing up to make a start soon. I have been doing a lot of reading and watching as many videos as I can find. Now I have found this forum so I am searching and reading even more...lol

Welcome to the forum.
Beekeeping is more practicality than theory (say 60/40) so the standard advice is to make contact with your local association and meet some bees before spending money. The first thing to spend something on is an introductory course, to get you a 'big picture' and get (most of) the misaprehensions out of the way.
The association and course should also lead to a few "bee buddies" and maybe a mentor to call on when the bees are being either particularly difficult or just plain puzzling. Another viewpoint can be very helpful.
See also http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14770

Most US beekeeping internet videos tend to be UNhelpful. Beware!

Thank you to all for your warm welcome and advice. I have already found a lot of valuable information from the forum and a local association that meets about 8 miles from me so I will be making contact with them soon.

...wish i had got them earlier ,nothing like hand's on to encourage you.all i will say is ,try to be calm ,work thing's out before you dive into the hive/bee's..keep your thinking head on...:welcome:

Aye, this,
- also don't fret too much, bees mostly get along fine without our interference, all our interventions are for our own convenience really.
Croeso Everbeezer :)

Hi Everbeezer
I am local to you (and a member of the local BKA).
Give me a shout if you have any questions

Yes welcome ... good bunch of people on here although you'll find a variety of styles, opinions and advice it's always well meant and thought provoking. Stuff you won't find in the books which is completely invaluable ... Good luck with your quest to become a beekeeper - we all started out at the same place.

Latest posts

Back