Hello from SW France

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barley

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
Hello fellow beekeepers. I started beekeeping four years ago and now have four hives. I hope to increase to 6 this year, then a couple more each year to a maximum of 10. I run Dadant hives as these seem to be the predominant hive in our area. I am part of a group of (mostly) English beekeepers although we do have a couple of french apiarists in our group. It is very interesting to learn about the differences in beekeeping ideas and practice between the English and the French. I look forward to learning more and more.

Hi
Where. Are you - anywhere near Charente Maritime/ Gironde border?

Hello fellow beekeepers. I started beekeeping four years ago and now have four hives. I hope to increase to 6 this year, then a couple more each year to a maximum of 10. I run Dadant hives as these seem to be the predominant hive in our area. I am part of a group of (mostly) English beekeepers although we do have a couple of french apiarists in our group. It is very interesting to learn about the differences in beekeeping ideas and practice between the English and the French. I look forward to learning more and more.

Welcome! Just looked up the dimensions of the Dandant hive; that's a deep broodbox!

51.4 x 55 x 77.9cm!

(national = 46 x 46 x 65cm)

Welcome I would be interested in understanding the differences

Rob,
Dadants come as either 10F or 12F here(France). Dimensions of 10F BB are closer to 500(l)x430(w)x370(h) (in mm) (and the 12F is 500x500x370) than the measurements you are suggesting. I don't know where you got them from.

10f is quite big enough for me to handle on my todd!

Rob,
Dadants come as either 10F or 12F here(France). Dimensions of 10F BB are closer to 500(l)x430(w)x370(h) (in mm) (and the 12F is 500x500x370) than the measurements you are suggesting. I don't know where you got them from.

10f is quite big enough for me to handle on my todd!

:) Yeah, that would make sense. Cheers for the information!

Latest posts

Back