Has anyone read these books ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am thinking of adding a couple of books to my growing bee book library.

Has anyone read:

Sixty Years with Bees
or
Bad beekeeping

What did you think of them ?

Sixty Years with Bees is in my top 3 with

Hooper
Honey By the Ton

W

Admin,
If you mean Donald Sims '60 years with bees' then it is my favourite, even prefer it to Ted Hooper (heresy). Get it.

Thanks Mike.

Will go order it now,hope to get it in time for xmas.

Is Honey by the Ton by Field ?

Yes

Oliver Field.

Its my current best read. Complements Donald Simms brilliantly. If you have those 2 books you need only queen rearing books to add to your list. 60 years with bees (Simms) was my best book it now shares top spot..

W

Just ordered 60 years from Northern bee books,Have used them half a dozen times now,they always ship fast so it should be in my xmas stocking.

Thanks Wendy.

Hi James,
I seem to strugle to read online books.
What I tend to do is read a couple of pages of the digital edition then go buy it if I find it of interest.

Does anyone else struggle to read books online ?

It is Donald Simms. "60 Years With Bees". Miller is a different book.

W

Hi James,
I seem to strugle to read online books.
What I tend to do is read a couple of pages of the digital edition then go buy it if I find it of interest.

Does anyone else struggle to read books online ?

Yes I do, but then I learnt to read in a pre-varroa age. I even fall asleep reading certain posts on fora , especially when written by people who are clever enough to have 2 Ph. D's. Guess that's why I stay too ignorant to realize that insecticides are bee friendly:confused:

Let me know what you think of Simms.

I think its great. Have you read Honey By The Ton (Oliver Field). Another complementing good read. I am on my 3rd pass.

W

I may have that one already on my to read list.
I need to go through my books and see if I already own a copy.

Latest posts

Back