Happyguard 2nd treat

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my apigaurd is just finished its 4 weeks. and i got a grand total of 56 mites form 4 hives. I cant beleive 8k that is an astronomic amount i thought the threshold was 1k. would it be worth geting the bees tested to see if they have suffered a bad infection from them as if they havnt there might be some useful genes there.

Big successful hives will have bigger and better brood cycles for varroa to hide in. We started our "best" hive before the others as we noted the odd bee with deformed wings. The varroa on the tray has been huge - certainly in the thousands, and we have extended the apigard to a third tray - the first was gone in a week, the second just about lasted 2 weeks and the mites were still dropping. We are now on week 5, and the drop is about 100 or so in the last week.

The other hives, not more than a few feet away are on week 3, and have dropped a few hundred mites, if that.

Hi
one of mine has done the same the other 14 not bothered and all taking feed

The hive that is still dropping a lot of mites of mine was a nuc i bought april so more than likely came with loads. Was supposed to of been treated last back end and over xmas?????

- how many bees with deformed wings have been seen in the offendng hive(s)????

I've got a glass cover board so can clearly see the bees wandering around on top of the frames - although I'm looking for it, I've never seen a deformed wing.

richard

Never seen any deformed wings in my lousy hive at all had about 40lb of honey off this hive/i checked board tonight over 300 dead varoa this is day 19/ i cant believe how manys dropping

Latest posts

Back