Happy Easter......

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Easter all :seeya:

Er ... wasn't it a Pagan celebration of the Goddess Ostara before the Christians highjacked it? I mean, they pretty much stole the name as well.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

And I can't wait until September when all the shops start advertising for the feast of Mithras in December...

Were there any beekeepers featured in the Midsommer murders.

That idylic part of England, where everyone looks over their shoulder - often :)

Er ... wasn't it a Pagan celebration of the Goddess Ostara before the Christians highjacked it? I mean, they pretty much stole the name as well.

Seems difficult to do something honest and kindly on this Forum, without someone trying to ridicule or spoil it.

Ah well.

Human nature, I guess,

D

Seems difficult to do something honest and kindly on this Forum, without someone trying to ridicule or spoil it.

Ah well.

Human nature, I guess,

D

:iagree: Hope you had a good day Dusty - spent all of the day at sea (mostly on watch) apart from stepping on deck to touch the harbour wall at Looe (we challenged the skipper to sail that close in) but it was a glorious morning, no wind and the sun shining.
Pob bendith ar y Pasg :)

Ah well.

Human nature, I guess,

D

I'm up for people saying hello, but how was such a response either dishonest or unkindly? As for ridicule, I didn't see any.

:iagree: Hope you had a good day Dusty - spent all of the day at sea (mostly on watch) apart from stepping on deck to touch the harbour wall at Looe (we challenged the skipper to sail that close in) but it was a glorious morning, no wind and the sun shining.
Pob bendith ar y Pasg :)

Yes - brilliant day, really - thanks for asking.

Some lusty hymn singing this am, snoozed through a lot of pretty average rugby - then family meal out.

I guess you're the sort of chap for whom being at sea is largely restorative. One of my more shameful secrets is that despite being a diving instructor, I get seasick if someone adds water to my malt! Ironic. I love the sea - just hate the top couple of fathoms. But very many moons ago I worked for a year with Missions to Seamen; could cope with visiting ships at harbour!

Best.

D

Yes - brilliant day, really - thanks for asking.

Some lusty hymn singing this am, snoozed through a lot of pretty average rugby - then family meal out.

I guess you're the sort of chap for whom being at sea is largely restorative. One of my more shameful secrets is that despite being a diving instructor, I get seasick if someone adds water to my malt! Ironic. I love the sea - just hate the top couple of fathoms. But very many moons ago I worked for a year with Missions to Seamen; could cope with visiting ships at harbour!

Best.

D

Managed to get to st Peter's at Torquay Friday morning (stations of cross) a new experience for me being a chapel goer. We had our big singing meetings on palm Sunday this year and I happened to be home for a change:)
The agreement with us on mal de mer is if you claim you never get it you're a liar! we all suffer sometimes. But some days at sea are glorious - good Friday at anchor off Salcombe on a beautiful night and early hours of Saturday morning, clear,still and moonlit just reminds you how great life can be, as can zipping along in a RHIB at 40 knots over a flat sea.

Took offence to what?

slightly snide remarks about a festival that(regardless of what name you give it) some of us take rather seriously. But this is a conversation I'll pursue no further.

Latest posts

Back