Handling Fees Again.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worms are allowed through the post. I have ordered brandling/tiger ones for my wormery.

This is just someone else jumping on the beekeeping bandwagon and trying to make a quick buck. I visited the stand at the honey show and spoke to a member of staff who straight away said he knew nothing about bees.

It is my gut feeling that this is an unfair contract term.

Point is if he goes belly up all the deposits will be lost, never mind the £8.00.

I guess that we all qualify as being "recognised institutions" and so bees can be sent between us. :)

royal mail refunds

"so if something got lost that was on that list,,, would they refund you?"

they try not to.

i had some hatching eggs go missing. claimed and rejected. won on appeal to ombudsman.

live eggs ok if sent 1st/recorded/special and marked fragile and perishable.

same would apply to bees.

Yes, I quite understand. OH's just think that it's something that others should do and not get involved.

Very supportive, but with strange uninformed opinions at times . . .

it also says

Also seems chemicals which could be used for varroa treatment mustnt be posted.

I have posted Oxalic acid to people to save them buying a large ammount. I guess a white power splitting open over the GPO counter would either

A allert the bomb/chemical squad

or

B Allert the drugs squad.

But my top post of all was liquid mecury, 1kg:leaving::leaving:

Depending on the post office, if your package split then it might just get sniffed up.

Re the mercury - not airmail at all I hope?

On ebay I sell dummy WW2 style dynamite packs with fuses.

Most of them are bought by people in the USA.......:leaving:

Bit of a knee jert reaction...

this is a notice on ebay....

Following recent incidents with improvised explosive devices, the Secretary of State for Transport has issued a directive prohibiting the transportation by air of ink or toner cartridges, to any destination inside or outside the UK. This directive comes into effect immediately. To avoid any doubt, an ink or toner cartridge is defined as ‘a cartridge weighing more than 500g designed for use in printing equipment such as printers, photocopiers and fax machines’.

Back