Hallucinogenic Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psycad

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Salaam fellow beekeepers.

It seems that in Nepal, with huge areas with same flowers, there exist poisonous honey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_b2i_FvYPw

Now, Father Warre warns in his book also that some (poisonous) plants cant be in the neighborhood of beehives.

Are there cases in Europe of poisonous honey or is this some typical Nepal Issue ?

My phone won't let me post a link, but Google Grayanotoxin.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Salaam Birdie

Looks indeed that Turkey has the same honey but also from same flower as Nepal.
There even seems to be honey with morphine from poppy fields

Very interesting

I keep bees on the largest opium poppy farm in europe..

unfortunately, the honey does not have any 'special' properties. :(

The same toxin and a couple of others are also in Rhodendrum nectar.. there's and interesting section in "Bees in Warfare" relating to a colonial expedition to China that was given Rhodendrum honey..

I have got a garden full of cultivated Rhododendron varieties (species and hybrids) here in North Wales. There are quite a few Ponticums on my little hillside and I have never seen one of my bees on them. Only bumblebees. There is only one variety my bees have taken to, and that is a yellow Hoteii. The honey is neither poisonous nor hallucinogenic. Well its not killed me yet and I haven't gone mad except for an alarming tendency to fill the plot with beehives.

Opium farms in the UK ?

Salaam fellow beekeepers.

How wonderful to be on this forum. Such a source of information.

Pete (Boutros in Arabic) you are pulling my leg right ? Opium felds in the UK ? Or is it the poppy seed farm used for the bread ?

The poison is in the dose.

Salaam Anduril

Parcelsus said the poison is in the dose.

A plant, Coriaria, is producing a poison, this does not affect the small insects who feed on the plant. The poison goes through the insect and end up as excretion (a fancy word for something else I guess) on the leaves,

Bees collect it, and again it doesnt affect them.

Bees make honey with this poison, humans steal the honey and get poisoned.

Wonderful.

Thank you Amigadave

So you fly drones over secret government opium fields in the UK ?
Expect black helicopters soon.

:)

Note
Britain has been involved there in efforts to eradicate opium poppy crops, which are used in funding terrorism.
Unquote
Nice government propaganda. The Brits in Afhanistan know better than to interfere with the opium fields of local warlords :)

Latest posts

Back