Great being retired.....innit!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have worked work out that i can inspect my Bees bee-smillie just using my Bus Pass ( as the London Passt covers Tube and off peak trains in London as well)... i trialled a feeding run with fondant in February, it took all day but cost me nothing to visit three apiaries each about 4 miles apart and 10 miles from home

But perhaps not in summer...as the white Beesuit might scare a few old ladies

More than the smoker, hive tool, and swarm being taken to the quarantine apiary? :)
not worthy

My granfather never retired, he died on the Tractor at 96...we found it still engine still running, embeded in the hedge. plough still in the soil...he had a heart attack and the tractor just kepted going along the furrow till it reached the end of the field and the clutch burnt out spinning the wheels in the mud

Retired at 56. Now 62. Best thing i EVER did. If you can eke the money out, my advice is DO IT!! Congrats M Abeuille and welcome

Now that's what I'd like to look forward too but thanks to the daily mail reader and the like My 'gold plated' (ha!) pension is under scrutiny so I'll be lucky if i die peacfully at work - the Ba***rds will expect me to climb up the side of ships and chase high speed smugglers at a time when most people spend their time searching for their teeth

jenkinsbrynmair;226730 the Ba***rds will expect me to climb up the side of ships and chase high speed smugglers at a time when most people spend their time searching for their teeth[/QUOTE said:
But you do it so well, jenkinsbrynmair; with such passion, skill, commitment and goodwill.

It would be insulting to make you stop.

D

But you do it so well, jenkinsbrynmair; with such passion, skill, commitment and goodwill.

It would be insulting to make you stop.

D

To be honest until a little while ago even winning the lottery would not have stopped me working, however hard or dangerous it got there was always the thought I was serving the crown and doing something worthwhile - but now, the way we are treat by senior management, and a bit by public opinion.............................well

Married, eh?

D
Happily - if that's not an oxymoron

Latest posts

Back