gormanston 2013

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruary

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Smith
now that it is ober lets hear from those who went.

What was it like?

The good points the bad and the ugly lets hear it.

It was good to see some vibrant younger speakers like Dan Basterfield and the 2 new lecturers that got their lectureship exams

Food is too rich/heavy for people that are not getting a lot of exercise. Must have put up 1/2 a stone in the week. The only exercise I got was the evening walk to the huntsmans inn and a swim in the pool one evening .
The activities in the evening time leave a bit of a gap in the programme.

Must say it ran very efficiently, like clockwork really , the organisers must be complimented on it .

On the down side the exams are ran for intermediate & scientific during that week , which means that the candidates miss a lot of the lectures/ workshops . I think the education board need to look at having those written exams both senior & intermediate on in March so people are freed up to get to the lectures . On top of that trying to study for them in the height of the beekeeping season is next to impossible.

Over all very positive feedback

Last edited:
It was good to see some vibrant younger speakers like Dan Basterfield and the 2 new lecturers that got their lectureship exams

Food is too rich/heavy for people that are not getting a lot of exercise. Must have put up 1/2 a stone in the week. The only exercise I got was the evening walk to the huntsmans inn and a swim in the pool one evening .
The activities in the evening time leave a bit of a gap in the programme.

Must say it ran very efficiently, like clockwork really , the organisers must be complimented on it .

On the down side the exams are ran for intermediate & scientific during that week , which means that the candidates miss a lot of the lectures/ workshops . I think the education board need to look at having those written exams both senior & intermediate on in March so people are freed up to get to the lectures . On top of that trying to study for them in the height of the beekeeping season is next to impossible.

Over all very positive feedback
Well I didn't gain nor lose any weight, a matter of asking for small portions. I gather the Education Board is considering having the Senior Exams available in provincial centres.
As I was examing, which were done in the evening after supper,I didn't notice the gap in the evenings but I though that looking at the program there was something on each evening.

Latest posts

Back