Nuc stolen in London

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxpinx

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I’ve just discovered that I’ve had a nuc box stolen from my apiary in Hendon near the Welsh Harp Reservoir. It is a Paynes 14x12 poly nuc painted orange, exactly like the one in the photo. The colony in it is very strong - I was going to transfer it into a full hive today. It has a clipped and marked (white) queen. Please let me know if you see or hear anything. I’m really upset.

Attachments

• 8D96924C-188F-46BB-A8AA-C8230BA4AEB8.jpeg
    8D96924C-188F-46BB-A8AA-C8230BA4AEB8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
Oh that’s dreadful. So sorry. You’ll have to move all the others now.
I guess as beekeeping is so popular they are easily sold on.
Being such a handy size to pick up the thieves might just sell it on as it is. Fingers crossed somebody here recognises it. Have you put this out on as much social media as you can?

Awful.
Its a very distinctive colour, so it may get recognised. I can understand your feelings and am so sorry for you.

Sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately the rural crime unit round here tells my association that most bee thefts are done by people who know enough to get rid of any distinctive markings on the hive or frames before selling them on. So the chances of an orange nuc turning up for sale is fairly slim.

You might want to update Patrick Laslett on his email list / website just in case though. Honey bees for sale in the uk email address on the website.

Latest posts

Back