Glyphosate residue in sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glyphosate residue in sugar.

The more I read about this stuff (Roundup) the more worried I have become about it. Posted by WalnutTreeBees it's a link to the adverse effects of Glyphosate which I think should be compulsory reading for anyone who is blasé about the stuff, or has even has the slightest concern about it.

It is a comprehensive well written, and referenced Monograph published October 2016, on the damage this stuff is doing not just to our bees but to our world.

http://pan-international.org/wp-content/uploads/Glyphosate-monograph.pdf

No doubt though the knockers will dismiss it and the information within as biased, as the source material was collated by the PAN organisation. "Pesticide Action Network", International, A global NGO, of concerned environmentalists.

They probably include some beekeepers among them,.....I wonder if they feed sugar to their bees?

Nordicul

I've watched contractors spraying that stuff on a local river bank to eliminate HB and knot weed, they guys doing it had no PPE and were spraying it everywhere. I'm not a fan of any chemicals but that's the way things are at the moment.
I was told an interesting story of a chemical company that produced that stuff had a factory in Iran. They payed their workers very good money but unfortunately the work force had a very short life.

PPE for most glyphosate products is wellies, coveralls and gloves, i.e. less than we use when we're inspecting the bees. If they weren't wearing that, while using hand-held equipment, they were breaking the law and you could have reported them. Still could, if you knew when they were doing it and what they were wearing. The HSE are the people to contact, they control pesticides in this country.

A pesticide label is a legal document which must be complied with by the user.

Latest posts

Back