Getty Images again!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight sun

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just a quick post after seeing Getty Images mentioned in this months BBKA mag.
Especially for the newer members about posting any material that may infringe copyrights. See Beeno and my posts on the subject for information. My post (Midnight Sun) 775 will get you to the info. 30th January 2015, 06:18 PM
Remember, if you post others material, it's this forum that gets the 'fine' not the poster. So be careful. :)
http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32512&page=2

Last edited:
Just a quick post after seeing Getty Images mentioned in this months BBKA mag.
Especially for the newer members about posting any material that may infringe copyrights. See Beeno and my posts on the subject for information. My post (Midnight Sun) 775 will get you to the info. 30th January 2015, 06:18 PM
Remember, if you post others material, it's this forum that gets the 'fine' not the poster. So be careful. :)
http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32512&page=2

Check that images are free of copyright... many are
ALSO posting the url leading to the image may be an infringement

best to use your own images but only if you are happy for others to use them

Yeghes da

Non bee related group I am a member off had an invoice for £3000 from GI for unauthorised use of image on a website. This was reduced to £1000 if it was paid within a fortnight! They paid as they didn't have any excuse.
S

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Non bee related group I am a member off had an invoice for £3000 from GI for unauthorised use of image on a website. This was reduced to £1000 if it was paid within a fortnight! They paid as they didn't have any excuse.
S

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they refused or failed to pay Stiffy they would have been taken to court and lost ( as the British justice system sides with Getty). Then probably got a bill of an additional £20,000 for costs! Getty are ruthless. They also have their HQ in Southern Ireland. You pay S. I.vat on the 'bill'! Wonder if they are using Tax Loopholes? Or am I just being synical? ;):)

Getty allow you to embed non-commercial use if you use their flaky credit format.

Latest posts

Back