Getting started Durham

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linayah

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
I’m looking forward to getting started my Langstroth bees on a budget hive got delivered last week from Thorne. For the time being I’m just doing a lot of reading and educating my self.

One thing I’ve been thinking about is purchasing a extra brood box and super to do a demaree split in the future or would I be ok to do without it the first season? Or I could just purchase a second bees on a budget hive thoughts?

Hi…. With the future in mind it’s always better running at least 2 hives, it’s much easier and safer for you and the bees. Depending when you get your bees will affect how much equipment you’ll require first season. There’s some sales on atm and a few extra boxes/floor/roof will not go amiss. Quite frankly you’ll never have enough😂

Hi…. With the future in mind it’s always better running at least 2 hives, it’s much easier and safer for you and the bees. Depending when you get your bees will affect how much equipment you’ll require first season. There’s some sales on atm and a few extra boxes/floor/roof will not go amiss. Quite frankly you’ll never have enough😂
Yeah I suppose it’s always better to be prepared😂 is there any websites you would recommend for sales.

Latest posts

Back