From which hive has the swarm come from??.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taffy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How many of you have turned up in the apiary, and found a swarm hanging in a nearby tree?, the first question that comes to mind-which hive has she come from?. To save time in opening all the hives, place around a couple of dozen bees from the swarm in an empty honey jar, with some flour, give it a shake and release the bees.Walk up to the hives in turn, and you'll see them returning to their original hive, covered in flour!!,

Last edited:
I thought it had been settled a while ago that posting in Klingon was outside the ethos of the forum...

Yacky da, look you.

But nice tip, thanks. :D

A swarmed hive does not fly much. It is very silent.

It said that swarm has young bees but where went foragers.

Last edited:
How many of you have turned up in the apiary, and found a swarm hanging in a nearby tree?, the first question that comes to mind-which hive has she come from?. To save time in opening all the hives, place around a couple of dozen bees from the swarm in an empty honey jar, with some flour, give it a shake and release the bees.Walk up to the hives in turn, and you'll see them returning to their original hive, covered in flour!!,

My mate used to throw a few bees on each landing board. The hive that didn't react to the (intruders)was the swarmed hive!
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back