French beekeeping supplies

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Hi guys someone spoke on this forum about a French beekeeping supplier near to the Loire Valley and I have searched for over an hour without any luck. Could someone please put me out of my misery. Many thanks

There is a supplier I have used in Bordeaux.
I am not sure if I am allowed to mention the name or not.
Api and distribution both come into the name .fr

Hope this helps or PM me if it is not clear.

Michael

was it this one from the 2012 thread?

http://fort.apiculture.free.fr/magasin.php

remember french dadant (DB) is not the same as UK dadant (MD) or indeed italian dadant.

Hi Drstitson

Many thanks for your link and yes it was exactly the one I was thinking of. I called in their the day after your post to visit the shop and something's were similar prices and some things were cheaper. They even sell the Sheriffs bee suits at a very high price. I was only interested in buying some jar lids which I had seen on some locally sold honey at a French market. I hadn't seen them before and thought it would make a change. They were around 7p a lid so I hope so. The extraction equipment looked a very good price and good quality. Some Lega kit in larger sizes etc. We were staying 11 miles from the shop so not too far to have a browse whilst in the sunny Loire Valley.

Best wishes

Back