Frames for cut out

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
As this sunday i am attempting a cut out of bees how many frames do you
think i would need ? I am using Dadant frames .

The box for the hover to fit into i am going to make tomorrow . Any ideas on size please.

I don't understand Finman

I was wondering if thats what he ment lol
Thanks i will go with 20 and a couple of boxes and hopefully come back a happy chappy :)

Yes bands are on the list .how about box size .
commercial bb for the vac .

and a couple of bin liners for the honey comb:drool5:

Ahh nearly forgot about all that set Rape that will be in there.

please assist, what is 'a cut out of bees'? is it a technical term for something? I've never heard it used before.

And what is a 'hover' please?

Thanks

A hover is well umm a hover, but used with a box inline with mesh in the box so as not to suck the bees up into the Hover.
A cut out is when you cut a colony bees out of a tree or in my case ,someone house under the floor boards.

A hover is well umm a hover, but used with a box inline with mesh in the box so as not to suck the bees up into the Hover.
A cut out is when you cut a colony bees out of a tree or in my case ,someone house under the floor boards.
/teacher mode on/

You do mean hoover?

/teacher mode off/

cuoldnt bee bothred with spell cheker buut u write it iz hoover :D

A stanadard vacum cleaner (hoover is to powerful, the bees will ....
1. suffocate
2. be damaged when they hit the side

unless you have a plan?

Last edited:
A stanadard vacum cleaner (hoover is to powerful, the bees will ....
1. suffocate
2. be damaged when they hit the side

You dont actually use a hoover to suck the bees up. You use a bee vac along side a hoover, the suction is vastly reduced and they do not get damaged as it is a smooth bore pipe.

Yes I have my own design that was put to good use today doing this.....

http://youtu.be/cmsTvps2m48

I was just concerned that people will be out with the triple cyclone turbo hoover:cheers2:

ah, now I understand - you are attempting to remove a colony from somewhere that isn't easily accessible so you are going to try to use a vacuum pump to extract bees before then cutting out the wild comb!

Latest posts

Back