frame construction question from newbie!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexander

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
OK, so Im new to this bee lark and have bought a set of shiney new frames, flat packed ready for my hive and bees when they arive.
Thing is, what way up does the wax go in? the wire sticks out more one end than the other.

Any guidence would be great!

Thanks in advance.

the larger piece goes to the top and we fold it to 90 degrees to go under the little strip of wood in the top bar, then when its in place i then put a small gimp pin through the topbar strip and through the wire loop into the top bar its self

the lower loops i hold in plce with a small 4 mm staple into one of the bottom bars but not through both

thanks very much, that makes sense!

remember your Nuc of bees will come with five frame so don't make up all the brood frames as the maximum you should need the first year is six ie to make the 11 in the brood box, keep the rest of the wax sealed in the poly bag for next years replacement of dirty wax

SN1 super frames, again you will probably only need one super the first year so keep one packet fresh and unmade until you need it

Back