Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Boston Bees 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
10-20
[............... Considers whether to mention that he has just taken delivery of a bunch of pre-assembled frames. Decides against it ...........]

Honey Junction Ltd 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
173 national & 100 commercial
Sorry, Modern Beekeeping 14x12 was my own spec unwired special order.

Michael Palmer 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
I stopped buying wired wax foundation a few years ago. Here we have a company selling plastic foundation that works very well. The imprint is well defined. I buy unwaxed and dip in hot wax, using an old bottling tank I repurposed. At 190F, 10” of wax floating on half a tank of water. Dip the sheet, knock off the excess wax, stand sheet in rack to cool. 0.1 lb wax per sheet....10 sheets per pound. The wax foundation is 7 sheets per pound. The bees draw it very well on a flow. Never chew the wax to bits when there is no flow

Swn58 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Less than 1.....more than 20!
Last season, I bought hundreds of brood and super frames along, with foundation from Simon the BK. I found it all to be of good quality and reasonably priced. I tend to research prices every year, in case there are bargains to be had, but know that I can rely on them. In the past I have bought 'seconds' frames that have not always been that good. They are often harder to put together and don't always last that long, so it's a false economy.

Latest posts