Fondant

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Whats the best price of fondant 12.5kg you are able to source

Bako S/west is £8.95 and Bako Wales is £9.60 ?

..unfortunately I got mine from Bako NW (£15 includes the VAT)

..unfortunately I got mine from Bako NW (£15 includes the VAT)

Must be lucky down here in the south then,as they don't charge VAT on fondant or sugar,or many other foods.

Hmmm...just checked the receipt and it does indeed say zero VAT. I'm sure I was told £12 odd on the phone, but £15 when I picked up. The scoundrels!

Edit: Just checked and price confirmed £15.07. The £12 must have been a dream.

Last edited:
depends when you bought.

another post on another thread last month did mention an october price increase.

Price from NW went up Monday. I did know so ordered online Sunday at £12 something.

The carriage (farmed out to a courier) is extortionate at over two packs so bought two lots of two (for a LOT less). Arrived together. Best not need any more!

I went to my local baker a couple of weeks ago and he let me have a case of bakers fondant for £10.

Please can you tell me which fondant it is on the BAKO site?
Thanks

thanks for that - not for fondant (directly) but was discussing on skype with the missus while watching the bakeoff masterclass on BBC that we could do with some "fresh cream" eclair cases for iced buns.

p52

Whats the best price of fondant 12.5kg you are able to source

Do you have a system for feeding fondant?

Do you do it as you think they need it?

Do you feed some syrup with thymol then give them a box of fondant for winter?

Some detail would be good please as I am thinking about thymol syrup and a box of fondant for their winter feed.

Latest posts

Back