Flow hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ail901

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Sorry to bring it up but as I have not read anything for a while I wondered had it all gone away now? Have people got their money back?

no why should they, use the search button, you'll find a post or two of mine on them

I did search but couldn't find it, maybe my mistake in the way I search

??? Using either search button brings flow hive threads up. The better button to use in my opinion is the Google custom search at the top of the page ( just under the forum heading). This brings up a pop up window. Lots of info.

Sorry to bring it up but as I have not read anything for a while I wondered had it all gone away now? Have people got their money back?

Dont think you can ask for the return of a donation..

Thanks for the info re searches

For the avoidance of all doubt, I did not and will not be associated with Flow Hive, just wondered about all those poor peoples

Thanks for the info re searches

For the avoidance of all doubt, I did not and will not be associated with Flow Hive, just wondered about all those poor peoples

but that's just your opinion, if your not wanting to be associated with them, why even start a post asking in the first place? sounds more like you want to gloat to me....

I'm one of those "poor people" by the way in case you have not gathered

Have a look at the forum. There are posts of all kinds there; informative and silly, some lacking all knowledge of beekeeping some showing quite an understanding of the craft. A bit like here.
I have no intention of getting any. They are an extraction system, thats all, and I already have a spinner.
Some folk who have never kept bees but have been attracted to keep them because of the Flow might make a go of it.....who knows?
There is even talk of the commercial guys taking it up though heaven knows how much it would cost to equip every super with Flow Frames.
I'm fascinated by it all, not just the technology but the psychology.

but that's just your opinion, if your not wanting to be associated with them, why even start a post asking in the first place? sounds more like you want to gloat to me....

I'm one of those "poor people" by the way in case you have not gathered

No need to be so sensitive. I don't suppose the OP's post was directed at you personally.
The Naysayers may be prescient. They may be entirely wrong and the whole thing may be "the best thing since sliced bread" in which case they will then be on their back feet.

No need to be so sensitive. I don't suppose the OP's post was directed at you personally.
The Naysayers may be prescient. They may be entirely wrong and the whole thing may be "the best thing since sliced bread" in which case they will then be on their back feet.

I never thought it was directed at me, it was just the fact that the OP suggested he didn't want anything to do with it, yet branded every customer as those poor people and refunds, had he asked how it was going and left out the "poor" comment, he would have got an entirely different reply from me, not wanting anything to do with it, in my book means just that, not.
I don't want anything to do with it, barring the gossip

Dexters shed you are correct I could and should have worded it differently

Dont think you can ask for the return of a donation..

Crowd Funding

Correct, it's a PLEDGE! not an Order, Purchase or otherwise!

(although it might look like an Online Purchase!).

and in return they may supply a gift as a thank you!

It's not covered by *ANY* regulations, unless shares, or bonds are given in the investment deal.

Crowd Funding

Correct, it's a PLEDGE! not an Order, Purchase or otherwise!

(although it might look like an Online Purchase!).

and in return they may supply a gift as a thank you!

It's not covered by *ANY* regulations, unless shares, or bonds are given in the investment deal.

in this day and age, I suppose it's hard for some people to use that old fashion value that used to be everywhere, called trust...

I too at first thought it was a big con, but seeing that they have posted up a forum, and given all those that ordered the means to find the shipping date, I can't see it going tits up,

in this day and age, I suppose it's hard for some people to use that old fashion value that used to be everywhere, called trust...

I too at first thought it was a big con, but seeing that they have posted up a forum, and given all those that ordered the means to find the shipping date, I can't see it going tits up,

that's what I thought of Crowd Funding, when iDapt, and established company, in the electronic industry, ripped us all off on Kickstarter!

based in Barcelona, Spain....

Delivery dates confirmed, delivery dates missed, then discussions of supplier difficulties, then emailed everyone stating they would refund, and then disappeared off the face of the planet, with all the money!

never again!

I'll purchase from a UK Company with an online store, which is covered by Distance Selling Regulations, and my CC card guarantee.

So I'll wait for Thornes to stock them!

Last edited:
that's what I thought of Crowd Funding, when iDapt, and established company, in the electronic industry, ripped us all off on Kickstarter!

based in Barcelona, Spain....

Delivery dates confirmed, delivery dates missed, then discussions of supplier difficulties, then emailed everyone stating they would refund, and then disappeared off the face of the planet, with all the money!

never again!

I'll purchase from a UK Company with an online store, which is covered by Distance Selling Regulations, and my CC card guarantee.

So I'll wait for Thornes to stock them!
Judging by the Flowhive forum, they will be sub £100 end 2016... secondhand and a bit gummed up..

Back