Fight to the death

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macapacas

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Sat in the garden and my bait boxes are covered in bees. I thought great and left them to make their minds up. On closer inspection it’s a blood bath bees fighting and dying everywhere, looks like there is a more orange and darker bees in the conflict. I use an old frame of wax and lemongrass as bait in my boxes, so no food in there. Has anyone come across this before or have any suggestions what is happening?

Sat in the garden and my bait boxes are covered in bees. I thought great and left them to make their minds up. On closer inspection it’s a blood bath bees fighting and dying everywhere, looks like there is a more orange and darker bees in the conflict. I use an old frame of wax and lemongrass as bait in my boxes, so no food in there. Has anyone come across this before or have any suggestions what is happening?
How many boxes are covered?

Update: Moved one of the boxes last night abit further away from the other bait box and this morning about 8:30 the first swarm arrived followed shortly after by a second. My guess like has been suggested were that the two swarms scouts skirmishing on the boxes.

This forums great for snippets/info and observations like this. You do on the odd occasion have to be careful of the source, after all some say Kent is remote😇 but collective observations are often informative and valuable.

This forums great for snippets/info and observations like this. You do on the odd occasion have to be careful of the source, after all some say Kent is remote😇 but collective observations are often informative and valuable.
Kent is certainly remote at the current price of diesel fuel!🙁

Seen this myself -fighting between groups of Scouts . And I thought The Scouts were friendly .

Last edited:
Update: Moved one of the boxes last night abit further away from the other bait box and this morning about 8:30 the first swarm arrived followed shortly after by a second. My guess like has been suggested were that the two swarms scouts skirmishing on the boxes.

Interesting that they still came after you moved the box…obviously takes more than that to put them off

Back