Fermented wet frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaBees

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all
Is there any coming back for fermented smelling wet super frames?
Did a spraying of dipel before putting them away and may have been too quick in packing them up.
I seem to recall that fermented stores is not good at all for bees.

Thanks

Hi all
Is there any coming back for fermented smelling wet super frames?
They haven't gone anywhere - just put them on the hives when they need supering and the bees will have cleaned them all up within hours.
If I wrote off every fermented frame I have in the spring, I would spend all my time making up frames and explaining to the fire service that no, my house isn't on fire, I'm just having a 'tidy up'

I seem to recall that fermented stores is not good at all for bees.
Difference between stores that have fermented in the middle of winter, and that's all the bees have to eat and the few remaining scraps left after extraction, fermenting through the winter and then the comb being given to the bees in the spring. It's never given my bees a problem and, as Dani says, they are up thee like a shot in the spring, cleaning up and storing fresh honey in it's stead.

Great, thank you. Was not looking forward to burning a whole load of drawn out frames.

Great, thank you. Was not looking forward to burning a whole load of drawn out frames.
was going through some shallows yesterday and recognised the boxes - the frames in them are over eleven years old, still nothing wrong with them

Latest posts

Back