failed super supersedure queens(photos)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith pierce

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I had a nuc that was failing to advance and had it marked down for requeening. When I went down this morning with a virgin that had just hatched in the incubator I can across her daughter which I had missed on the spring inspection. She must of superseded late last year and failed to mate properly or never can into lay. The 2nd and 3rd photo is of them having a little snooze on top of the roof of the hive.

Hi Keith,

I have never seen anything like your "having a little rest" picture...are these Queens from the future (which would explain the Green marking) ?

Ah, someone else using the colour scheme according to the Haynes manual!

For years I only used green just kept D.O.B. on record sheets

keith, that's got to be the best bee pic I've ever seen - all it needs is a couple of empty cans of Special Brew!

Unusual for both queens to be there if one was duff. I would have expected the daughter to be laying drones, if not mated, and in good health otherwise. I would be suspecting nosema to be a potential problem for that particular family.

Unusual for both queens to be there if one was duff. I would have expected the daughter to be laying drones, if not mated, and in good health otherwise. I would be suspecting nosema to be a potential problem for that particular family.

Neighbour's queen laid nothing...

Latest posts

Back