Extractor problem

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Local retiring beekeeper gave newby this extractor, all works great, just wrong basket for supers. Can anyone suggest a supplier who can help with a replacement? Thanks

Attachments

• extractor 2.JPG
    extractor 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I can't see why supers won't fit in.
It's a tangential spinner and looks like it takes four frames.
What was the retiring beekeeper spinning in it. What make is it?

I agree with Dani, if brood frames fit supers certainly will. If the frames fall to the middle while loading put a loop of wire to hold the top of the frames while loading.

I think Steve is thinking this is a tangential and wants a radial basket. As asked, what make is it? . Major suppliers do sell replacement baskets.
I find using tangential on any deeps I extract a real pain, with all that turning

Might even take two super frames per flat side? I have an extractor from Abelo which has three flat sides to the basket for large frames but I load it with 6 super frames per spin. I can buy a radial basket for it which is a planned investment from sales next year (if the crop is better than this year.)

It looks about the same size as mine, which takes two shallows side by side, it's a bit of a pain getting them in and out, or one deep.
I recently bought one of these from Thornes which takes 9 frames radially, much easier. Obviously check the size.
Nine Frame Universal Radial Cage
Simon

hi Dani, they did spin supers frames by balancing them on the central rail, would often fall etc. Orient is the only name i can see.

It looks about the same size as mine, which takes two shallows side by side, it's a bit of a pain getting them in and out, or one deep.
I recently bought one of these from Thornes which takes 9 frames radially, much easier. Obviously check the size.
Nine Frame Universal Radial Cage
Simon
Looks just wants needed, will check size etc. thanks

Latest posts

Back