Ebay/Paypal.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How true, I was blocked from buying (for no reason) a few weeks ago and after several attempts to get it sorted, this is part of the explanation I received from paypal

"Let me just clarify that this model does not look at you as an individual, nor how much money or credit you have as a buyer. The security model analyzes all transactions in a pure statistical basis.
However, if your payment does not fit the pattern of payments or the interval of payment observed in your past transactions, the system triggers on that particular payment and stops it. This implies that your payment has a high risk of failure or is found to have a lot of potential problems attached to it.
Unfortunately, I can neither give you detailed information as to why our security system has blocked your transaction nor am I able to override or manually change the security settings. Please be assured that this is a standard procedure for all transactions going through PayPal and it's carried out in accordance with our User Agreement."

Can anyone decipher all that crap??

Yeah it quite simple - those several hundred words can be translated as:

Tough! (T*tty/Sh*t)

Who said customer service was dead?

Can anyone decipher all that crap??
Basically it was an asnwer generated by pushing button B.

The truth is that something went wrong with the transaction and they cant tell you what it was because they dont know.

I love ebay people... gets my adrenilin going.

I onced asked why I can advertise a 9" long letter opener but not a Stanley knife , although you can advertise Stanley blades.

Because a Stanley knife is a knife and a letter opener is not a knife.

Last edited:
Another....

an empty cigarette packet mustnt have anything in it.

A copy of a 1930 driving licence could be used for identity theft.

Why would PayPal prevent you bidding on an item - PayPal is used to pay for things. A seller might prevent you if you have too many negative feedbacks or not enough positives. Or if you're in another country (eg Nigeria).

Why would PayPal prevent you bidding on an item - PayPal is used to pay for things. A seller might prevent you if you have too many negative feedbacks or not enough positives. Or if you're in another country (eg Nigeria).

Buying not bidding.

I have had paypal tell me that a payment I have received from a buyer may not have been intitiated by the buyer or may fail, so do not post the goods.
Some people make their payments via a debit card thro paypal and could be stopped by the buyer after you have sent the goods. Paypal have to take the loss.
On the other side, a buyer could buy something but has not made any other purchase for some time and if this item is of high cost it will flag up at paypal and they may become suspicious that a fraud is taking place.. Once that flag is up there is probably no way to pull it down. I have had a credit card company call me on my mobile after buying fuel in France, Germany, and Sweden over 2 days.

Latest posts

Back