Diseases quiz

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephenw

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
HI

Was wondering would anybody have a pest and diseases quiz they could post to help me distinguish them?

Thanks

Stephen

i doubt there is a quiz. What i would say is all new beeks need to know what is right inside the hive and read about diseases. If you notice there is something not right and you're not sure what it is, then call a local experianced beekeeper.
I had a experience in 2010 when i got a call from a newbie about a swarm, i went around and asked if i could look at the hive to see if there were any q cells, once i opened it up, i eased out the first frame and closed the hive straight away. the newbie thought all was ok however the hive had a heavy infection of EFB. So i showed him around my hives once he cleaned his kit and taught him what is normal. Only experience will teach you about diseases and pest.

Stephenw
Beebase and nbu website has great pics on disease recognition. Look for FERA leaflets to download.
Eb

No prob. Thanks very much thurrock.

Steve

We have a member who is doing us a disease quiz with pics as I type..
Admin.

Thanks admin

I was wondering is there anyway I could print off the quiz so I can correct mistakes so I will know the right aswers with there pictures?

Steve

Is it possible to print off all the quizzes as they would be great for a winter apiary meeting instead of a speaker sometimes... or are they subject to copyright?? People learn so much better from a quiz, I think- shows up the gaps!:p

I had forgotten about the quizes on the forum, just done the diseases one, thats quite demanding but good fun.

Is it possible to print off all the quizzes as they would be great for a winter apiary meeting instead of a speaker sometimes... or are they subject to copyright?? People learn so much better from a quiz, I think- shows up the gaps!:p

I should be able to put the questions and answers into a pdf to send members who want them.

Give me a nudge in a week if I have not done it Heather.

Thanks admin. Would it be possible to send me the quizes please.

Thanks

Steve

Back