Dinah Sweet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
I've just heard that Dinah Sweet passed away yesterday.
Dinah was a stalwart of the Welsh beekeeping community and has held many positions with the WBKA over the years including Chair, President and Examination Secretary.
She was a National Honey Show judge, expert mead maker, wax shower and, for a few years was seasonal Beekeeping Inspector for Cardiff and the Vale.
She had been unwell for the last few years, last time we chatted was at last year's Gower Show - the last time she exhibited, and was looking unwell then.
She will be sadly missed.

It's always sad when someone who has given so much to a craft passes away. Having lost a couple of members of my woodturning association recently (another craft where the elderly tend to dominate the membership) I think of all the knowledge and experience that has gone with them. Sad loss - I'm sure Dinah will be missed.

I've just heard that Dinah Sweet passed away yesterday.
Dinah was a stalwart of the Welsh beekeeping community and has held many positions with the WBKA over the years including Chair, President and Examination Secretary.
She was a National Honey Show judge, expert mead maker, wax shower and, for a few years was seasonal Beekeeping Inspector for Cardiff and the Vale.
She had been unwell for the last few years, last time we chatted was at last year's Gower Show - the last time she exhibited, and was looking unwell then.
She will be sadly missed.

I remember her and her husband John well when they lived for many years in Bagshot in Surrey. They where very understanding with a very young beek who would invite himself around to spend the day with them playing bees grafting and travelling to various sites in her old Morgan. A more lovely couple you could not wish to meet and true beekeeping stalwarts. I have very strong memories of travelling in the Morgan to the spring convention a bumpy ride still remembered. They put me up a good few years ago when I went to the Welsh show and as welcoming as ever, I did load up on a Burger King before arriving though! A lovely lady and condolences to John......Ian

Latest posts

Back