Did anyone go to the Lincoln Auction?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosecottage there is an auction 7th May run by meon valley beekeepers at Greatham Village Hall Hants GU33 6H.

The auctioner is usually sir Les..

Note that Notts BKA have their auction this weekend at the Newark showground. I went last year, about 1/10 of the size of Lincoln, and there were no bees for sale, but may be of interest to some.

When you buy a nuc at auction I assume the cost of the travel box is included in the bid price?

Yes, some boxes are better than others.

But the cost of the nuc box would be irrelevant as you would be transferring it to a full hive.

The price is more for the bees, how many frames they covered, some were better than others!

A family member of mine went to Reigate auction at the weekend and she said "- there were 3 lots each laying, overwintered queens, 1 yr old, with 7 frames of bees - the cheapest went for £255, the highest was £360!!!!"

A family member of mine went to Reigate auction at the weekend and she said "- there were 3 lots each laying, overwintered queens, 1 yr old, with 7 frames of bees - the cheapest went for £255, the highest was £360!!!!"

They must be bonkers :eek:

Latest posts

Back