Did anyone go to the Lincoln Auction?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nucs went for about £80 to £140. Hives went for £95 to £140. I picked up a nice colony for £95.

yes was there, picked up 4 x bees, three at £80 and one at £60 - on quick inpection the bees over 3-5 frames each so better than expected

auction staff and sellers did not seem happy mind, prices almost half of those last year and same for equipement too (one yorkshireman selling 10 x nucs withdrew them as nobody was prepared to even part with £150!). Some later national hives started being sold at £25-£35 each.

anyone in nuc production sector may want to rethink those business plans lmao

why low prices? not sure, it was a lower turnout at the auction, also i suspect Winter losses are lower this year generally

Last edited:
Emp

I was there also picked up a Nuc for £110, which i am more than happy with.
Empty hives inside made around £50 but with bees around £70 very cheep.

Seems the bubble has burst.
Does anyone know how much a decent complete second hand national hive was going for ?
( I meant an empty one )

£80-£100 at the Taunton auction last weekend, and that was for 'used but sound' rather than 'nearly new'.

Are any forum members present in those pics out of interest?!

Does any body know how much the poly nucs went for

not me, I was out of shot for some reason - I have a few pics I can post later too if ppl want to spot themselves

Thanks for that i bought the one he had in the car for £25, which I was more than happy to pay, but I was curious what the others would fetch

I spoke to the seller of them, he's had a bit of a kicking on here in another thread (rather than me mention names) - there is a story to those poly nucs

The Poly Nucs had Pay**es stamped on the top. Seem strange with a We**d business card inside.

The Poly Nucs had Pay**es stamped on the top. Seem strange with a We**d business card inside.

there is a story behind this but its simply not worth documenting to be honest

end of the day re nucs, W is selling the P made nucs by agreement

Are there any southern bee auctions coming up. I'm in Hampshire but would like to visit one and see what goes in...
Sam

there is a google calendar somewhere, anyone got the link?

Only thing i was interested in was the burco boiler but it got withdrawn. I personaly think things were a bit on the pricey side .exept the bees they weree good prices one or my mates bought a nuc and another mate bought 2 nucs and 2 colonies

Only thing i was interested in was the burco boiler but it got withdrawn. I personaly think things were a bit on the pricey side .exept the bees they weree good prices one or my mates bought a nuc and another mate bought 2 nucs and 2 colonies

some things seemed to be I agree and othere not, frame feeders seemed high (I wanted cheap) as did the mating nucs, they sold for higher than buying new prices

Latest posts

Back