Death threat from a forum member

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Well, looks like this forum has finally gone completely to the dogs. Just had a call on my mobile from a 'fellow' forum member threatening to burn down my house and car. Spineless little shite didn't even have the guts to make himself known as he withheld his number.

So come on big man - stand up and be counted.

And BTW - noone's anonymous on the phone if they need to be found.

jenkinsbrynmair;523942 said:
Well, looks like this forum has finally gone completely to the dogs. Just had a call on my mobile from a 'fellow' forum member threatening to burn down my house and car. Spineless little shite didn't even have the guts to make himself known as he withheld his number.

He probably had the wrong number. The Welsh and Finnish numbers are easily confused.

Sorry turd torpedo, I was having a bad morning so I thought I'd call the shite skyrocket to take out my frustration, no offence like mun,

(only jessing, anonymous threats of violence over a post on a bee forum is pathetic)

Well, looks like this forum has finally gone completely to the dogs. Just had a call on my mobile from a 'fellow' forum member threatening to burn down my house and car.

Grim. That's a LOT worse than the threats of apiary torchings that came my way a few years ago over the Co-op project.

I cannot imagine anything you could have done to bring forth such a move.

Well, that's never going to happen, and I thought nasty pm's were bad. :nono:

I would suggest that you get the police involved JBM. They will be able to trace it!!!

Sadly, happened to me a couple of year's ago ..but openly from a former forum member - It's very disconcerting and Threats to Kill are a serious offence liable to prosecution under the Offences Against the Person Act 1861 - Section 16 .. Maximum penalty 10 years. The actual wording of the act means that even if the intent was not to kill or maim the actual fear instigated by the threat is what is prosecutable.

If that's the way this place is going ... very sad.

Had it given to the family over a land dispute. The police do take it seriously.

pargyle;523954 said:
If that's the way this place is going ... very sad.

I agree, calling people bottom bazooka's, muck missiles, rim rockets, poo projectiles and log launchers is much more fun than silly death threats, how dry can people get?

Was there a reason given to want to kill you JBM?

It must be someone you know as most on here haven't got a clue what your phone number is. well I haven't anyway, never needed to call you so never asked for it.

That's not good at all and I would report it to the police just so it's reported.

So you know it's a man from the voice.
How do you know it's a forum member? Could be the vegan vigilantes you hear about?
Do you know who on the forum you have given your number to?
Is your number published elsewhere?

Hope it's sorted out and the person crawls back under the stone they came from.

Heaven's JBM, report it. Like you say, no body's number is invisible and I reckon you're in a good place to find it.

It would not surprise me if the police can get witheld numbers.

The problem may arise if they don't think its serious enough a threat to investigate it and for it then to turn out to be a throw away pay as you go phone.

Tom Bick;523973 said:

The problem may arise if they don't think its serious enough a threat to investigate it and for it then to turn out to be a throw away pay as you go phone.

They have access to your phone and number, despite it being number withheld, big brother is watching and listening 24:7
If you dont report it and the blighter does burn down your house, at least you have recoil on the call. and we will say you reported it on the forum, dont worry, (not that thats much comfort.(lol)

What a sad MUPPET

Did he have an accent?

Before this post is removed, what I meant was, a regional dialect.
Cornish, Welsh, Midlands, Northumberland, Cockney, Scottish, Lancashire..... I'll not mention Yorkshire 'cos they nicked ours...:D
Apologies to all I left out.

thorn;523944 said:
He probably had the wrong number. The Welsh and Finnish numbers are easily confused.

mbc;523958 said:
I agree, calling people bottom bazooka's, muck missiles, rim rockets, poo projectiles and log launchers is much more fun than silly death threats, how dry can people get?

:D

Cussword;523951 said:
Tom Bick;523966 said:
How do you know it's a forum member?

The forum was mentioned as was the fact he had taken umbrage to one of my posts

I would suggest that you get the police involved JBM. They will be able to trace it!!!

Tom Bick;523973 said:

All done - feel a bit foolish reporting a matter like this and not the usual work related issues I encounter but heyho. being a weekend it's only the local plod that are working on it, but tomorrow I'm obliged to contact my A/D in Westminster to report the incident - he's a bit gung ho so he won't take it lightly at all. tracing a withheld number is no problem for us in fact it tickles me to think that people think that just by pressing a button on their phone that they are untraceable (about sums up the IQ of this nugget really)

So it comes down to one thing really - hope this person is partial to wearing paper suits and having his teeny tool stared at by more than one person and that he's not too attached to his present front door.

Of course, a PUBLIC APOLOGY on this here thread (not PM - saves me cutting and pasting) might go some way towards cooling me down

Latest posts

Back