Courses & association location.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbgould

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me please? I don't have any bees but have been looking into getting some for quite a while. I live in Lincolnshire and would like to go on a course to learn the basics. I am wondering if it would be a good idea to have a mentor for a year and do some courses and then perhaps look into getting bees the following year or can I just do the courses and wing it by the seat of my pants???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

BB

Hi, go here http://www.bee-craft.com/ click on Beekeeping Courses - various search options there.

If none suitable PM and will give relevant info.

BOL

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me please? I don't have any bees but have been looking into getting some for quite a while. I live in Lincolnshire and would like to go on a course to learn the basics. I am wondering if it would be a good idea to have a mentor for a year and do some courses and then perhaps look into getting bees the following year or can I just do the courses and wing it by the seat of my pants???

thanks

BB
1) Google for your local BBKA, join a course which are outstanding value.
2) Once on a course you will meet like minded people and hopefully experienced instructors. Listen and learn!
3) Read lots of books and forums such as this which are a mine of information, but please ignore the pedants, you soon discover who they are. Treat all information with an open mind! it is not all gospel!
4) Welcome to the wonderful world of bee keeping, prepare to devote your life to it!:)

Training

try RBKA.org Rutland Bee keeping Association they have a 2 day Theory training on Saturday March 17th and 24th 2012 then pracitcal meetings friday night at 1900 till dark at teaching apariy april to sept weather permiting. hope this helps stubee

Hi,

thanks

BB

Hi BB. I'm a near neighbour and can recommend Sleaford BKA (Grantham BKA itself consists of half a dozen bee farmers, so not really suitable for beginners). Lincoln also has a very good BKA. I think both run beginners courses in April.

There is a big auction of both bees and equipment run by Lincolnshire BKA at Lincoln showground at beginning of April as well - may be too early for you but interesting none the less.

PM me if you want any further details

Hi,

Thank you everyone for all the info. I think we will look into the rutland BKA course to see if there are any spaces left. We will definatley be keeping our eye open for when the Lincolnshire BKA have there auction aswell - I think it would be really good to go along and take alook.

Thanks again

BB.

Latest posts

Back