Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Cuckmere couple 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
i had a similar thing yesterday

cluster of a couple of hundred of bees on top of a hive with unmarked q in the middle

hive had a q marked and laying so left them....wife 'fed' the cluster as they looked hungry!!!! caused a fight and the cluster disappeared....

Johnnifer 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Daisy, Daphne, Dawn (redwood) & Erica (heather)

Thinking ahead and just for luck Fern, Floss (ageratum), Gay (feathers) and Ginger,

elainemary 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
I'm open to suggestions for 'floral' names beginning with D and E for next year :D
Dahlia, Daisy, Dandelion. Echinacea, Euphorbia, Eleagnus. Lovely way to give your queens a bit of personality 🐝🌸

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I have queens called Cosmos and Holly. The queen in a swarm that arrived at the beginning of may last year was Maybee till I killed her by accident and her replacement became Maybee Not. The others are XBee from Pete Little, Gloucester Green Spot from BS Honey Bees and Berlin from Stöfen. I’m on the lookout for some nice names for two Getty queens expected next year 😃

Swarm 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
more than 20, less than 100.
Well I had a beautiful queen from Jon called Dervla. I have her great grand daughter so possibly Dervla II. Another queen from Jon is Lagertha, a stunning goddess of a queen.
Two queens, eh?

Latest posts