Chair for Pargyle

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I saw the title I was expecting something with wheels!

Nice job Stan!!

No ...I think I'm getting nearer to a gurney - not a wheeled chair !!

Great job on the chair ... hours whittled away but .... shouldn't you have two of them ? His and her's ??? and perhaps a couple of footstools and a coffee table to match ???

shouldn't you have two of them ?

Give the fella time! He didn't make that one in a day!

Well done Stan.

Not sure of the Pargyle connection, but that surface could well account for a bit of wonkyness by the looks of it! Why waiting for a Pole? Wouldn't any nationality be pleased with it?:)

Tip : if the legs are uneven, adjust by adding, not by shortening (at least initially) or it may finish up a tad on the short side!

Phil asked for a picture after I mentioned that Stan had finished. There was a thread earlier about a wood lathe which is where it came up. Stan says I can't have a chair as he's never making another :(
The chair sits straight but making the legs all at the correct angle was the problem. It looks good though.

Phil asked for a picture after I mentioned that Stan had finished. There was a thread earlier about a wood lathe which is where it came up. Stan says I can't have a chair as he's never making another :(
The chair sits straight but making the legs all at the correct angle was the problem. It looks good though.
I have a similar problem to work out, i felled a Ash tree last year and from the main trunk i slowly cut four coins 2 in thick to make some rustic looking stools.
Well done that man Stan by the way.

What he needs is a lathe --- much quicker to make all those spindles and if his turning skills are anything like mine it will look equally rustic !!

Is this a groundhog day ????

Latest posts

Back