Cautiously optimistic newbie!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not another Corkonian! Sister moved down there years ago and now have a Corkonian niece who happens to be a good runner. Wouldn't blame her lol.

Welcome to the forum 🤠

I placed an order with Thorne this morning for their sale. Because the weather was terrible, my wife suggested we drive to collect the order and have a look around the shop. (Am I the luckiest man alive?! :LOL:)

What a great place to visit. I was like a kid in a sweet shop. I got a few bits, including the Dadant smoker.

Here are some photos of the little museum they have set up. (I really enjoyed that part.)

View attachment 34784
View attachment 34785
View attachment 34786
View attachment 34787
View attachment 34788
View attachment 34789
View attachment 34790
View attachment 34791
View attachment 34792View attachment 34793
View attachment 34794

I also got my Honey Paw hives painted:

View attachment 34795

I went for a sandstone colour and I'm really pleased with it. My wife helped and it took us about 3 hours to do two coats on three full hives.
Fabulous.
I don't have any antique beekeeping stuff but I was wondering, does anyone else have any photos of old beekeeping equipment? Old hive tools or smokers? Love to see some please.

Fabulous.
I don't have any antique beekeeping stuff but I was wondering, does anyone else have any photos of old beekeeping equipment? Old hive tools or smokers? Love to see some please.
Perhaps all hive tools eventually get permanently lost? Very few antique ones about. Smokers and uncapping knives...seem to be plenty. Do any second, or third (or more) generation beekeepers have the original one?
https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/402509285432706941/

Perhaps all hive tools eventually get permanently lost? Very few antique ones about. Smokers and uncapping knives...seem to be plenty. Do any second, or third (or more) generation beekeepers have the original one?
https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/402509285432706941/
I have my original hive tool. Simple J tool, Spent many hours looking for it but always found it! Still have my original straw hat and veil too but no suit to put it on! slip it over my head when strimming round hives

Latest posts

Back