Can anyone ID this plant, please?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bontbee

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
more than before
thumbnail_IMG_20190601_173711.jpg

Any suggestions gratefully received, thanks. (Sorry about the size of the pic)

Beautiful, yes, but apparently deadly to bumbles.....

Beautiful, yes, but apparently deadly to bumbles.....

Really? I don't think so! All bees love them. They are clever plants with changing colours to attract different bees and different growing habits depending on local pollinators
E

Last edited:
Our deutzia is spring flowering and well gone but maybe there are summer flowering ones too. I bow to a greater knowledge
E

Deutzia flowering now
077c6040fc2d8b1399d60aa8070cde68.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 1 using Tapatalk

For anyone interested in identifying flowers or plants, I recently found an app called 'PlantSnap' Just take a photo and it identifies the plant.! Only tried it with a dozen or so, but it does seem accurate...

Thank you all - looks like Deutzia has it!

I was enquiring on behalf of a member of the public who has seen bumbles foraging on it and then found "dead bumble bees on mass" beneath the plant. She was concerned enough to ask how to save them....

For anyone interested in identifying flowers or plants, I recently found an app called 'PlantSnap' Just take a photo and it identifies the plant.! Only tried it with a dozen or so, but it does seem accurate...
Picture this is another app for identifying plants .

Sent from my Nokia 1 using Tapatalk

What a great app- just trolling through my photo collection to identify that flower I never quite got round to looking up.
Thanks for the tip

Back