Can anybody lend me some Deep National 14x12 frames please?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyPayne

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I've just collected a second swarm but used up my spare frames on the first lot. I have temporarily housed them in a 14x12 nuc, filled with National super frames. I will order some frames today but they won't arrive until mid week. Alternatively, is there anything else I can do?

I live in the wimborne area of Dorset. I am happy to travel about half an hour to collect them and will replace them as soon as the new ones arrive.

Thanks,
Tony

The swarm will be fine in the nuc with supers. They'll extend the combs downwards if necessary. You can wait for your frames to arrive and then exchange any super frames that have not yet been extended. Don't borrow frames unless they are new.

I've just collected a second swarm but used up my spare frames on the first lot. I have temporarily housed them in a 14x12 nuc, filled with National super frames. I will order some frames today but they won't arrive until mid week. Alternatively, is there anything else I can do?

I live in the wimborne area of Dorset. I am happy to travel about half an hour to collect them and will replace them as soon as the new ones arrive.

Thanks,
Tony

Be prepared!!

I'm a bit further north than 30 mins - about an hour

Happy to lend some.

I did the same a couple of years ago and it takes a while to get rid of the wrong depth frames in 14x12s and they tend to fill the bottom with drone which you don't want really

Send me a PM. My base is Melksham

KR

S

Latest posts

Back