Buckfast Beekeepers Group

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re-queen with a better queen. You can have productivity off the scale without them having a go at you, and yes - you'll need a bigger sized hive than a National.

I had considered re-queening the hive, but i see it like sky diving :eek: Every time a sky diver jumps out the plane he/she knows there is a chance of getting killed, but still they do it. Every time their feet hit the ground and they are safe they feel a rush of adrenaline. I feel the same every time i get back in the car, un-stung :rofl:

If she's that good she may need two brood chambers, some thing to watch out for early next year.

Yeah, i will try a 14x12 on her next year. I will only put up with this from one hive. When i split her next year i wont be having this sort of behavour from any other queen they produce

So Norton sets up his own forum because I will not allow him to sell his queens on here.

Thats fine,but to then link to it takes the p*ss !!!!

So Norton sets up his own forum because I will not allow him to sell his queens on here.

Thats fine,but to then link to it takes the p*ss !!!!

wondered what he ment when he anwsered my question the way he did. he could always use the auction to sell them thats what its for isnt it?

Seems like Admin wants to keep members in the dark about new developments. I would have thought he would welcome any developments in beekeeping and want members to be informed about them he is very welcome to be a member on the forum. Personally I have nothing against this forum and abide by the rules as far as I can, it does not mean however that I agree with them, but I have a lot of patience.
Best regards
Norton.

Strange how you are so big on promoting the Buckfast bee and just happen to import 100's of them per year into the uk to buyers.

Call be mr cynical.

Norton you are not alone as I try the patience of many commercial sellers by keeping the forum advert free...
Its nothing personal.its just that members pay good money in donations to stop links to websites that have commercial owners.

Hi norton

why didnt you ask Admin here to set up a Buckfast bees section on this forum. surely it would have been more successful as there are so many members on here already.

doug

if that had of happened for a non pure breed , then the pure breeds would want a section as well and would of only ended up as a slagging match.

Best keep it the way it is

Can we have a separate section for inept beginners who bumble optimistically from one inspection to another - baggsy me first member!!:biggrinjester:
OOh we could also have a Welsh language section
And what about Cernyw:D

Members can have anything they want,as long as there is a handfull of members willing to support an idea.

Admin.

Seems like Admin wants to keep members in the dark about new developments.

Google is you light on a drak night. If i wanted to know about buckfast bees i would...Google it :toetap05:

if that had of happened for a non pure breed , then the pure breeds would want a section as well and would of only ended up as a slagging match.

Buckfast is a pure breed and breeds true.

Whereas Buckfast x Cecropia is a hybrid of two breeds.

I'm not sure why, when every other group which deals with animals gets this, there is some much confusion in the UK beekeeping community.

The Buckfast bee is a honey bee cross of many species of bees into a stable race as long as you do not let it cross with any other species of bee .

The Buckfast bee is a honey bee cross of many species of bees into a stable race as long as you do not let it cross with any other species of bee .

The Buckfast bee is a breed of bee. By definition it only breeds true as long as you only breed it with it's own kind.

You can have a go trying to breed it with another species of bee if you like, but I don't think you're going to have much luck.

If you are meaning crossing it with any other breed or subspecies of Apis mellifera, then yes, by definition it's not going to be a stable race.

These terms don't just apply to Buckfast or any other breed or race of Apis mellifera, but also apply to dogs, cats, horses, cows, etc....

Have you tried crossing AMM type bees with Italian? AMM with Buckfast? AMM with Cecropia? Buckfast with Italian? Buckfast with Cecropia?

Do you think that AMM is an unstable race due to those results?

Latest posts

Back