Broke the QC

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OH honey

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
I did a split last week, all going well.Went in after 5 days to check for QC, there were 2 on 1 frame and I could see large larva in one so only a day or so from capping. Unfortunatly the cells were were slightly bonded ro the adjacent frame so got slightly damaged when i removed the frames to examine. I don't know if this will prevent further development so i put another frame of eggs in. Plan to look again midweek after this weeks rain.Both hives have plenty of brood,stores and nectar and have been very active.Thoughts?

Check in four days and squash any capped emergency cells, keep an open charged cell. Check the existing cell as well, just in case but if it was damaged it will most likely be abandoned.

That was the original plan. Never broken a QC on inspection before so wasn't sure if they repair or abandon. Thx

Funnily enough I have put a crease down the length of one of mine. Maybe we should compare notes in a few days! 😁

That was the original plan. Never broken a QC on inspection before so wasn't sure if they repair or abandon. Thx
They can do both if when you pushed the frames back together the tear was sealed they can repair or patch with a little wax. Always mark the frames with cells and they are often attached to adjacent frames!

Back