Bribery.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Is giving the MOT tester a jar of honey classed as bribery?

Depends.

If the intent was to bribe or influence an outcome then of course.

Although perceptions play a big part ask your local MP

Did you give it before or after, DM?

Bring it down here i can get it passed for you, lol

edit
hang on i'll ask you might not have to come hahaha

Did you give it before or after, DM?

After...

Its my camper..Havent used it this year. Had to put a new wiper motor on last week, it was ok before I left home but decided not to work when tested..
It wasnt the correct motor and the linkage was not locking onto the splines on the motor shaft tight enough... Has now been fixed with a specially engineered shim.

A small shim of scrap aluminium.

the linkage was not locking onto the splines on the motor shaft tight enough... Has now been fixed with a specially engineered shim.

:icon_204-2: remember my old petrol station/garage (started off as a smithy in the 1800's) now closed - he used to save up all the little aluminium mr Kipling pie tins - myriad of uses.
In fact a 'temporary' fix to one of my reversing lights to pass an MOT seven or eight years or so still hasn't been fixed properly but is doing the job (corner of cigarette paper box holding the 'wrong' bulb in place to function!)
A lot to be said for jury rigging - look at the NHS, set up to get the poorer part of the population back on its feert after the war, planned to last only ten years - still limping along!

Coke can, beer tin or old bee hive roof?? (Just need to check the technical specification!!) ;)

Probably an off cut from when I built my camper.... Which was about 12 years ago..

You know.... one of those little bits thats too big to throw away and might come in handy one day....and in this case I was right.
Coke cans are handy for "interference spring fit" as backing for filler.

I've just given a jar of honey and a pack of cut comb to my firearms officer, on his way out so it wouldn't be seen as a bribe,lol

although I did ask for a section 1 shotgun to be added to my ticket

I've just given a jar of honey and a pack of cut comb to my firearms officer, on his way out so it wouldn't be seen as a bribe,lol

although I did ask for a section 1 shotgun to be added to my ticket
Some friends of mine were on their way to the Normany celebrations as couple of years ago..They had a van with all thir gear..Brownings. 303'' 45's stens ec. All repro or deacts..

Customs on the way out asked "have you got any knives" "Nope"

"Ok..we have to ask"

Last edited:
After...

Its my camper..Havent used it this year. Had to put a new wiper motor on last week, it was ok before I left home but decided not to work when tested..
It wasnt the correct motor and the linkage was not locking onto the splines on the motor shaft tight enough... Has now been fixed with a specially engineered shim.

Ah, Coke –-it's the real thing...for shims.

Yesterday I made a carburettor gasket for a 1954 Ford Thames lorry from a drinks can, The museum asked where did I get it from and I replied a vending machine

Latest posts

Back