Both lidl and asda in NI selling £5 fruit trees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dn170221

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Three
Basically as subject £5 fruit trees in lidl and asda in ni if anyone interested.

Basically as subject £5 fruit trees in lidl and asda in ni if anyone interested.

Bought two Conference pear trees £3.99 each from ALDI yesterday and planted them this afternoon. Had to use a pickaxe to get through the top layer of bricks and stones into the softer stuff underneath :cheers2:

Bought two Conference pear trees £3.99 each from ALDI yesterday and planted them this afternoon. Had to use a pickaxe to get through the top layer of bricks and stones into the softer stuff underneath :cheers2:

Bit pointless planting now especially with frosts still about, i would have waited another month, i am with mine. The roots wont grow yet so theres more chance of wind damage before it takes hold.

Bit pointless planting now especially with frosts still about, i would have waited another month, i am with mine. The roots wont grow yet so theres more chance of wind damage before it takes hold.

The roots are safer in the ground and the tops are properly supported in the lee of a hedge so I don't have any concerns about either frost or wind. As soon as conditions improve they will be able to get off to a flying start.

I bought the aldi ones with the ones i had last year I now have 16 fruit trees lol

Latest posts

Back