Bookers sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
Just been buying sugar and it's 2x 25 kg for £28. Not bad I thought.. Saved opening lots of little bags lol

I buy it for £9.75 a bag, £19.75 for two, don't think that is too bad either.

Is there bigger discount to be had? Or is this island rip off prices again..
Cheers

You may possibly need to buy by the ton(s) to get the price HM gets?
56p/kilo at Bookers is good.
Lidl is 64p/kilo. A 100kgs would save me £8 but my diesel bill to my nearest Bookers would around £5...making it a 40-mile round trip to save £3.

I did wonder if HM buying power might decrease the overall cost.

is this the bit where i go

'sounds great ...can you share where you get deal from ?'

If you like...…….. but did you know Bookers are selling cheap (ish ) sugar and Hivemaker can get it even cheaper but its a secret where he gets it from but the price is reducing each week :hairpull:

S :spy:

Never mind, no harm done, just class it as a reminder:D

ANY price over 50p/kg is extortion...

If feeding of hive 20 kg Sugar costs £ 20, is it 2-3 kg honey.

Draw savings from that.

I'm going back to Bookers on Friday. I will see what they have to say on bulk buys, but feel its going to be far more than I need.

B&M in Belfast 50p a kilo, cheapest I can find.

Morrisons have 2kg sugar at 88p / bag. Need to set up an order to see the discount. Just ordered 50 bags with delivery for £45.50

Buy it and stockpile it at todays rates. Post Brexit if no deal there may well be a hefty tariff on sugar, and although unlikely, it might go up by anything up to 30% next year.. Have forward contracted my supplies at a decent price till the end of 2019. (£330/mt btw, but that's in 1.2t bulk bags in full truckloads...not particularly relevant to most.) In other amounts anything under £400/mt or 40p/kg is a pretty decent deal. So HM is doing just fine.

Of course the price might also go down, but todays rates are at a level that is very attractive and any further falls may well only be small. So have placed my chips and happy at that.

The delivery driver will love you, carrying all that to your door :D It's a good deal but I hate opening all those little bags.. I'm hoping to be done with feeding this week :)

Back