Best place to get stung?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think @Finman is right, a sting on the crown of my head was pretty painless. The one the other week on the cheek bone just below the eye was not great, the day after I had a egg on my face for about 4 days. Finger stings seem to itch and itch and itch.

A few years ago I was 'caught short' towards the end of a 15 hive apiary inspection, not able to wait until I'd completed the one rather feisty colony I was inspecting, I retreated to what I thought was a reasonable distance and undid my veil and beesuit, then this one rather stroppy bee came along and promptly stung me, right on the tip of my

.........nose
Did you manage to get the beesuit clear of the hangar doors in time?

2 seasons ago I had a hive that was steadily getting worse. On their “1 last chance” as cracked and lifted the super the bees piled out at the height between top of wellington and lower thigh. They clustered stinging like hell through my overalls. I took somewhere between 50-80 stings in that area of my left leg before I could put the super and roof back and retreat.
I had no more than a mild nettle sting type rash for a couple of hours.
Next day the colony all died

Back