Best place to get stung?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antipodes

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Plenty about the worst place to get stung, but what about the best place? I know some have "researched" it, but what do you think? A recent sting on the fleshy part of my hand towards the wrist (but not the wrist), wasn't too bad....can get to the sting quickly and seemingly enough flesh there to help things perhaps, and any low/moderate swelling doesn't seem to obstruct finger movement.
I've never been stung on the shoulder (where you get the Covid jab), but that might be ok I suppose, except if you sleep on your side.

Last edited:
At one time I had a extremely comfortable pair of slip on shoes I used to use for bee keeping. If I inadvertently knocked some bees onto my shoes they would often travel upwards and I've been stung on the out side of my thighs. Very little effect at all!

Much depends if you have a use for any swelling?
I understand what you are getting at.

If you sat me at a table in a darkened room under a swinging lamp, I'd have to admit.... that yes, a sting on each bicep would be ok.

Last edited:
A few years ago I was 'caught short' towards the end of a 15 hive apiary inspection, not able to wait until I'd completed the one rather feisty colony I was inspecting, I retreated to what I thought was a reasonable distance and undid my veil and beesuit, then this one rather stroppy bee came along and promptly stung me, right on the tip of my

.........nose

I always seem to get stung on the neck. I have no idea why . I thought it might be because I wore aftershave so stopped wearing it and still get stung.

I always seem to get stung on the neck. I have no idea why . I thought it might be because I wore aftershave so stopped wearing it and still get stung.
Maybe you have vampire bees? 🧛‍♀️:laughing-smiley-014

Latest posts

Back